Plumbing Engineer – Building Design
St. Louis, MO
We are looking for a self-starter who is interested in leading a future team. The ideal candidate will possess the future potential for personnel and or project management. Our culture rewards talented, motivated and dedicated individuals with the desire to learn and grow with positions of increasing responsibility, management and the potential for eventual ownership participation.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Minimum of 4-7 years of mechanical design of plumbing and/or fire protection.
- Work with project engineer to develop schematic level information and document project work
- Experience in layout and sizing plumbing systems, medical gas and/or process piping.
- Experience in design, performing calculations, and specifying fire protection systems.
- Knowledge of national, state and local codes as they pertain to plumbing and/or fire protection.
- Demonstrate an understanding of drafting principles and technology, and can participate effectively in the production of construction documents
- Ability to relate to building construction, their components in three dimensions, and interact with other disciplines to coordinate all document efforts.
- Understand materials, systems and commercial building construction.
- Ability to lead the plumbing / fire protection aspects of multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work on a team with opportunities for growth into management.
- FE or EIT certification preferred
- PE preferred
Required Technical Knowledge:
- Experience in Revit and AutoCad
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
We offer competitive compensation packages with premium benefits. Your comprehensive benefit package includes Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K, Education Assistance, Holiday Leave, Vacation Leave, Sick Leave, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Professional Development opportunities and more.