M/E 1 is searching for a Senior Mechanical Engineer who will be responsible for leading design of mechanical systems for buildings across a variety of sectors including Healthcare, Higher Education, K-12, Justice/Civic and Energy. You will lead mechanical engineering projects and teams to produce high-quality construction documents using AutoCad and Revit and manage project schedules to meet deliverable requirements. As part of the integrated design team, you will collaborate closely with other disciplines to produce highly integrated building designs.
You will be responsible for leading the design process of mechanical building systems and preparing detailed mechanical engineering drawings and calculations. Responsibilities also include management of Mechanical Designers and/or other team members.
The successful candidate will
- Collaborate with architects, other engineers, and clients as part of our integrated design process.
- Create and coordinate documents using AutoCad and Revit.
- Perform mechanical/HVAC calculations including code research.
- Perform plumbing/fire protection calculations including code research.
- Write and review specifications.
- Review shop drawings, RFIs and submittals.
- Conduct site visits when needed.
- Manage mechanical project teams and/or interdisciplinary project teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
- 10+ years of experience working as a mechanical engineer, including design of HVAC systems, central utility plants, plumbing and fire suppression systems.
- Working knowledge of the design and construction process and the ability to understand and communicate with professionals of other disciplines.
- Knowledge of AutoCad and Revit.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The successful applicant should be a self-starter and interested in leading a team. The ideal candidate will possess the aptitude for personnel and project management. Our culture rewards talented, motivated and dedicated individuals with the desire to learn and grow with positions of increasing responsibility, management and the potential for eventual ownership participation.
We offer competitive compensation packages with premium benefits. Your comprehensive benefit package includes Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K, Education Assistance, Holiday Leave, Vacation Leave, Sick Leave, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Professional Development opportunities and more.
No phone calls or agencies please.